Saturday, May 10, 2008

What Can Brown Do For You?


This is one of my favorite dresses, another Walmart special purchased last summer at my local. I wear a lot of black, but as a child of the '80's and still owning a copy of Color Me Beautiful by Carole Jackson (I can actually quote passages from the book as if it were poetry or literature for the ages....geesh), I'm a Summer and I always wonder, Is black too dramatic for my coloring?

Nah. Really, can ANYTHING be too dramatic for ME?

Not so much, not really.

But, anycrap, I always feel secure in this brown dress, knowing that it flatters my coloring. Also, those Jessica Simpson shoes? EXTREMELY comfortable for a four inch heel, which is to say, I don't need a walker today and I wore those shoes yesterday from the time that I put them on at the house until I got back home and changed. I forgot to take flats with me yesterday, I usually have them on at my desk for a couple of hours after lunch to give my feet a break--I WISH that I had pain free feet but really I just grin and bear it and work with it as much as I can. So all of you sensibly shod ladies? Heels are just a cry for constant external validation.



Thank God, it works!



Wood bead necklace, also Walmart, gold necklace, that disk is etched with a photo of Zac at 3 wearing angel wings. Wedding set, no earrings, makeup is CityBlock, Prescriptives powder, looks like lipstick was gone by this point, as well as the powder, CoverGirl LashBlast mascara on curled eyelashes. I've started using DHC Arbutin moisturizer at night and after just a couple of nights I have noticed my skin feels very smooth and soft in the mornings and it doesn't break me out like the sample of Olay Definity that I tried for a few nights before that, I woke up every morning with a new blemish and with a complexion that's already red & blotchy, I most surely do not need that! Might be good for winter when my skin is drier but this DHC will be better for summertime. I am going to keep using and hope to see great results after 4-6 weeks of every night usage. I have been MUCH more disciplined about cleaning my face every night, knowing that I am posting my pictures on the Internet! Hey, whatever it takes, y'know?
Have a most fabulous weekend and a Wonderful Mother's Day, ya'll!!!

3 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

Sigh...but my sensible shod feet? They are also wide! It's like the Podiatric Gods are conspiring to foil me AND my feet!

Love the dress, btw!

Pez said...

You look fabulous!

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! And you have gawwwgeous legs! Love the shoes!