Saturday, May 17, 2008

I LIED.



I didn't wear Hefty to work today. Up at 6:30AM because the baby was coughing so badly, I got out her asthma medicine (albuterol machine) and hooked it up. I usually go in at 8AM on Saturdays to get that extra hour of overtime, but this morning I looked that hour of overtime in the face and told it straight up, FUCK YOU.
(Sorry, Mom)
I slathered on sunscreen and donned darkwash capris from Lane Bryant Spring 08, longsleeved grass green tshirt same provenance, and Jessica Simpson Barb pumps in black patent leather with cork sole & platforms. What do you MEAN, you don't consider four inch heels to be casual Saturday work wear???
I did think about wearing flats. Briefly. But then I remembered the unassuagable anguish I feel when I see another woman wearing heels when I have on flats, and the urge passed. (I did throw flipflops in my tote bag just in case)
Wore a longsleeved tshirt because, as so many workplaces do, we are frozen in the summer and toasted in the winter. Seriously, it does not matter where I work or where I sit, I will always be under a blasted vent. In the winter I sit in perfect comfort in sleeveless dresses, and by July I am anxiously perusing victoriassecret.com to see what kind of sweaters they have on sale. This may be a conspiracy between Corporate America and The Fashion Police, it bears looking into.

3 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

Oh, you look so sassy! I love that shirt. It makes me think I need more deeper green in my ensembles. For some reason, for far too long now, people think I'm a pink. I have much, too much pink and pink offspring in my closet!

Ditto the hot/cold work thing. Only it's always hot as hell in the bookstore. Doesn't matter what time of year. That's me, in the back, fluttering my hand in front of my face like I've got the vapors!

1blueshi1 said...

It's just your hotness, honey!

Madame Queen said...

I was just talking about the same thing today. It's always so cold in my office that I'm surprised when I go outside and it's warm. I actually forget that it's warm outside!