Monday, April 28, 2008

When Your Day ALREADY Sucks

and it's barely even started, I advise putting the very most you are capable of into your appearance so that at least you don't look like your entire world is crumbling into little cookie pieces around you. It's the fashionista version of "Laugh and the whole world laughs with you...look like dung and they'll be laughing AT you, and really, doesn't your day suck enough already?"So this morning after Husband's alarm went off and there were no signs of said Husband actually vacating his couch, I lay in bed cursing the day I was born, I mean, waited for a little bit to see if he was going to get up and then stomped out, I mean, walked to the living room to inquire as to his plans for the day and whether or not that would include more than simply adding body heat to our living room.Apparently not.I fumed, let the dogs out, fumed, let the dogs in, fumed, fed & watered the dogs, fumed, fixed my lunch from the leftovers still sitting out in the kitchen that no one had bothered to put away last night, fumed, checked both my blogs for comments and the will to live, fumed, woke up Zac for school, he complained of stomach pain and threw up, thus vacating the possibilty of him getting on the school bus and at this exact point I said to myself, I'm going to take a shower, put on makeup, and style the hell outta my hair before I leave for work this morning. I have good intentions, but a lot of times my makeup stays in it's case and my hair airdries after I leave for work in the morning. Not really my best look, I know, and so this morning I showered, lotioned, prepped my skin with L'Oreal Skin Genesis serum and Clinique Cityblock in SPF 40, wiped on a little Prescriptives custom blended foundation, dusted on Prescriptives custom blend loose powder with my big Sephora retractable powder brush, Nars Orgasm blush, lipliner (some no name .99 pencil I picked up at Walgreen's a long time ago) in Nude, Cover Girl TruBlend lipstick in Nude Shine, black eyeliner on the outer half of my top lids and inside the rims on the bottom (again nothing special, Prestige eyeliner from Walgreen's in Black), Almay Intense i-color trio for greens, I used the lightest green all over my lids and blended up to my brows (with my ring finger as applicator) and the purple shade in the crease, went over my brows with a mascara wand from an almost empty tube of Lancome Defincils, curled my eyelashes and then Cover Girl Lashblast mascara in very black. I put on Lane Bryant classic cut jeans (what passes for a straight leg on us curvy girls) with a Lane Bryant top in black that has a very cool attached necklace, my wedding set, and my most comfortable heels, a four inch Bebe black leather platform with an ankle strap.After Brilliant Brunette Shine treatment and a going over with my flatiron, my hair curved perfectly against my face, but of course by the time I made it to work it was back to doing it's own thing and I recieved a compliment on "that flippy thing your hair's got going on today." Haha. Oh well. Woman Flatirons, Hair Laughs. GAH.

4 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

My dream (goal?) is to wake up daily and exude beauty. Just make people freakin' ache by it. But totally not in a stuck up way, you know?

So here's how I pulled it off today: at 3 a.m., I thought, "Yep, that kid ain't going to school today..." when my youngest splattered a lung on the wall. Then we got up at 6:30 a.m., and I thought "Yeah, pajama day! Wait? Do you have a temperature?" Picked myself up off the floor when I was able to get him a doctor's appointment at 9:30 a.m. - and it was 9 a.m. already!

Skipped the shower. My once "passable" hair is now so not passable. The track pants I threw on are NOT flattering, and I'm beat down.

One day...one day...

Pez said...

You look fabulous!

I cannot let my hair air dry else it looks fat and frizzy and let me tell you, grey hair is not attractive when it is fat and frizzy.

Hope Zac is all better now.

Madame Queen said...

You look amazing!! And isn't it amazing how much better we feel about ourselves when you actually take a little time?

I remember once my husband asked me "Who are you getting all dressed up for?" and I said "ME!"

Tootsie Farklepants said...

You look marvelous! I love that necklace!