Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Measure of a Heel

I work at The Bank, and it's a constant struggle to maintain what The Bank believes to be a proper mode of dress. Sometimes I kick off my heels and put on flats (God forbid, flipflops) at my desk simply because the heels I wear are so high that some of them hurt to wear even when (gulp) I'M SITTING DOWN.

However, I have never had A MANAGER ACTUALLY MEASURE THE HEIGHT OF MY HEELS BEFORE. Yes indeedy. I was on a call when a manager whipped out a ruler, knelt down, and Measured my Heels.

Perhaps a 6 inch heel and The Bank do not mix.



Good Lord do NOT look at my hair. I was washing my hands in my restroom when my visual image assaulted me in the mirror and I screamed, "OH MY GOD MY HAIR HAS BEEN ATTACKED BY YAKS!!!"

Because, you know, it can't just be a bad hair day, for me, only the heights (or is it depths) of hyperbole will do. nevertheless that is some horrible hair.

Lane Bryant shirt from Nov. 08, necklace same, dark wash jeans same, heels by Nine West courtesy of amazon.com (26.00 and change with free shipping!!!).

Hair by....Yaks.

4 comments:

pam said...

So what's the outcome of the heel measuring? Was she just wanting to know so she could order some ;) And btw you look SO slim in that outfit. Cute top!

for a different kind of girl said...

Those shoes are glorious! I love them. Pity the manager didn't send you home to change your shoes, and then you could have just stuck around the place!

Madame Queen said...

Did you get written up? God, girl, we have GOT to get you out of there.

josetteplank.com said...

Hmmmmm...sounds like a foot fetishist. Or a closet diva getting all hissy that you out-shoed her. Or him.