Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sick Day!

I got to work a few minutes early, and at 9:13AM a coworker tapped me on the shoulder to let me know that the switchboard operator was on her line looking for me. It was the school nurse, Zac had vomited at school and needed to be picked up.
I must point out that it is the most fabulous of spring days outside and there are many hours of CSI recorded on the DVR, also David is at his CDL refresher course all day, so, all in all, I was devastated at having to leave work. Forcing myself back out into the amazing cool spring day was simply agonizing, I must tell you. Note to self: make sure kids always get sick on beautiful days.
I'm dogging it now in tattered gym shorts and an elderly raspberry pink tee, but here's what I wore to work.


Ivory pants from Lane Bryant (fully lined and these are AMAZING white pants, I LOVE them!) paired with royal purple satin squarenecked top, also Lane Bryant from their Spring 08 line--the pants were purchased at least 2 years ago. Normally I shy away (okay, BOLT) from any color pants other than black; I generally look at colors and prints and think, Okay, who the hell wants to see THAT spread over my size 18 ass? However, my favorite styleblogger Allie at http://mywardrobetoday.com/ had a pair that she simply wore the heck of a couple of years ago and when I saw a pair at Lane Bryant that fall, I tried them on and went for it. Since they are so light, I've had them dry cleaned pretty much every time I've worn them, but recently I've begun washing them in the same mesh bag I use for my bras with excellent results, and now it doesn't cost me seven bucks per wear, they get a much more frequent rotation!
The top I bought for the color, I adore royal purple. I've also worn this top with dark rinse straight leg jeans from Lane Bryant and purple "Albas" Jessica Simpson heels (cuffed to show the straps, I didn't wear the jeans like that!)


Zac took those pics probably a month ago, they are pre-Charlize'-haircut, but I wanted to show the two different looks. The shoes I wore today, the black patent leather heels with the cork soles, are also Jessica Simpson's, the style is called Barb and I have another pair of them too in a metallic silvery croco print with a black platform. Probably the most comfortable four inch heels I have, you can walk blocks in Barb no problem due to the platform. Both pairs were bought new off eBay for less than 20.00 each.
Have a lovely day, beautiful reader!

2 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

I love those purple heels, vicariously and with tremendous lust. Purple rocks. So does your haircut!

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

Oooh that top witht he ivory pants is fab! :)