Sunday, April 27, 2008

Thank You

all for your deep concern about the heel measuring. I will admit I was not quite sure if this was a funny joke on me because of my dramatic tendencies or if the supervisor who measured my heel was planning on getting onto me because it IS part of our Dress Code that heels not be "too high." Thank God a specific height for "too high" is not listed in the DC as something tells me that 6 inches miiiiiight just qualify. Although I don't want to overreact, say, by not wearing them anymore, or by not buying THESE.
The DH thought they would be too high for work but I downplayed his concern (nothing shall come between me and my shooooooes!). "I can just see these with some slight bootcut extremely dark rinse jeans and a beautifully cut black shirt!" I yodeled lyrically in a manner guaranteed to send the poor man rushing to the flat screen in search of a basketball game to watch.

Some time ago I promised you (yes, YOU, my lovely one!) a review of the Patricia Wexler products I purchased at Bath & Body Works back at the beginning of March. I read an article about her a couple of years ago in Vogue and I was convinced this product would Change. My. Life. (surely that's not too much to ask of eye cream?) And the fact that I was running out of my Neutrogena Eye Radiance? Karma, pure and simple. And the coupon entitling me to a free sample of Skin Regenerating Serum? A SIGN FROM GOD.
I am sad (truly, terribly sad) to say that I did not care for either product. After a couple weeks of the eye cream, I felt that the Neutrogena Radiance actually worked BETTER than the thirty dollar plus Wexler cream, although it PROMISED to lift, tone, tighten, smooth wrinkles, load the dishwasher, remove stains from furniture, and discipline my children. I tried the Serum of Magic a couple of times, waiting breathlessly for radiance and freshness to EMERGE from my skin....and nothing. I like my twenty five dollar L'Oreal Skin Genesis Daily Treatment Serum Concentrate much better, particularly in conjunction with the L'Oreal Skin Genesis Daily Moisturizer Oil Free Lotion. Unfortunately, the aforesaid lotion is PINK, which means I was able to use the two products together for One Glorious Night when I awoke with such smooth, glowing skin that I was unable to stop grinning at myself in the mirror....and by the time I got home from work, my daughter had made off with my Magic Bottle of Pink Perfection, I still haven't been able to track it down :0(((((

Why, Yes, that is a Small Tear leaking down my face as I refill my birth control pills for another year.

2 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

When you are wiping that tear away from your eye, don't rub too hard and create any wrinkles!

I watched a segment on some morning national news program that talked about the jump in popularity of the six inch heel, and the proper way to wear them to avoid injury. When they talked about falling and breaking ankles, I said to myself "Well, obviously, there's my sign from God that I can never wear those! I trip barefoot."

But then they talked about how you should suck in your core and aim your ass to the sky, and I wondered if I could count heels as an ab workout?

Those shoes are damn hot!

1blueshi1 said...

So, is the proper way to avoid injury also known as Leaving Them In The Box?
I am known to clutch people's arms at the slightest lurch as I glibly explain that my shoes are beautiful and also only meant for an artificially smoothed surface.