Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Dress

I tried to wear nice pants to church once as a teenager. My mom sent me back into the house to change so that I would "show God I was happy to be a woman." You know, because he can't, like, see into your heart to know you feel, or anything....hehehe. My poor mom.





Some friends from work hosted a picnic today at a park near our office building. It's the South, it's July, heat and humidity are a given. I was taking the kids, hiking in a cooler, etc., and I wanted to be as cool and comfortable as possible. Also stylish. In fact, one of the women I met (in a fabulous royal blue maxidress from ardenb.!) confided that she had gone shopping on Saturday to buy a dress to wear. I wore a burgundy sundress from Old Navy that I bought on eBay. When it came in the mail, I felt it was a bit too lowcut and possibly too short for work, but it makes a GREAT dress to wear around the house, particularly if you, like me, feel that flashing your husband regularly helps stoke the marital fires. To make it work for a social occasion, I wore a supportive black bra (Cacique by Lane Bryant) up top and navy blue bike shorts underneath so I didn't have to worry about showing anything I shouldn't be showing.
No jewelry, I had planned to wear a pair of big, thin shell earrings, but forgot to put them in and didn't want to go back to the house as we were running late. Flipflops. No makeup except for Clinique Super City Block w/SPF. I put on lipstick before Zac took these pics, a new lipstick I bought at Wally last night after I saw the print ad in the new People magazine, this is Maybelline Mineral Power lipcolor in Terracotta. I really like it. Perfect for summer, it doesn't have a heavy waxy lipsticky feel, nor does it make my lips feel dry. Just the right amount of color.

No comments: