Sunday, June 29, 2008

L'Oreal Wrinkle De-Crease Eye Illuminator Review

This is my third eye cream so far this year, and my hands down favorite, as well. I began the year with Neutrogena Radiance Boost Eye Cream, and I was moderately pleased with the brightening effects but felt it didn't do much for my crow's feet. As my tube began running out, I won an eBay auction for a tube of Atache C Vital eye contour gel cream because I like things with vitamin C in them, that ingredient seems to work pretty well on my skin, but a gel cream is, again, just a little too light for the almost-36-year-old skin around my eyes. Also, this stuff promised to do everything but my laundry and dry-cleaning, but I didn't feel it was even as effective as the Neutrogena, despite the fact that it supposedly retailed for about 35.00. Meh, bleah, done, done, on to the next one (I wonder what kind of eye cream Dave Grohl uses???)
After reading one of Tootsie Farklepants' hilarious Friday Tutorials where she recommended L'Oreal DeCrease skin cream, I decided to pluck a box of L'Oreal Paris Wrinkle De-Crease Collagen Filler Eye Illuminator Targeted Eye Treatment with Collagen Bio-Spheres & Chromatic Micro-Particles off the shelf, because, really, what is the point of a fifteen word product title if you can't throw in some chromatic micro-particles?
The box, or, rather, the cream inside, vowed it "Fills wrinkles and minimizes dark circles."
I love this stuff. It has a nice thick feel & consistency, but is readily absorbed into my skin, and I feel that it does work for brightening dark circles, wrinkling, AND puffiness.

Completely irrelevant side note: am I the only one who is hearing "When I grow up I want to have boobies" on the new Pussycat Dolls song? I was actually disappointed when I googled the lyrics and the words are actually "When I grow up I want to have groupies." Hmm. As a kid with no boobs and a teenager with small ones, I definitely wanted boobies a lot more than groupies. Who wants some weird stalker type hanging around when you can heft some double D's instead????

2 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

Whatever Dave Grohl uses, I would buy it for him on the condition that I could apply it to him while he sang "Everlong" to me. I'm pretty sure that's not entirely too much to ask!

I'm gonna jot this product down on my list of things to try. I rock the plain old generic Walmart stuff now. Seems to work. Or maybe I don't smile and squinch much.

Nah, that isn't it...

Madame Queen said...

Groupies are overrated. I'd definitely rather have boobies.