Monday, June 16, 2008

Cover Girl TruBlend minerals foundation review

About 2 years I went to the local Sephora for a bridal makeover and they used Bare Escentuals on me. I liked it but have never made it enough of a priority (100+ dollars for foundation, brushes, et al) to go back and invest. So when Cover Girl began advertising it's new pressed mineral foundation for less than ten dollars, and I somehow forgot my makeup one day last week, I ran straight to the CVS in the strip mall next to my job and bought shade 2, creamy natural. Because I am nothing if not creamy. And natural. First I tried it with my retractable Sephora powder brush and achieved very light coverage that took away the shine from my Clinique Super City Block. Then I tried the tiny brush that came with the compact and from the very atoms of the microfine minerals, Olivia Newton-John's voice rose up and sang, "Have to believe we are maaaaagic, Nothing can stand in our way" and I watched in amazement as this laughably tiny brush and drugstore foundation provided flawless coverage that looked like my real skin.
I LOVE this stuff. PERFECT for my shiny summertime.

5 comments:

for a different kind of girl said...

I have some sort of mineral foundation that I scored on a 'buy one, get one free' deal at the Walgreen's a couple years ago. I think it's Almay. I'm fickle and try new stuff entirely too much, so I have a whole unused container of this mineral stuff. I like it until I sweat. Then it's weird chaos! Perhaps in the time since I purchased this, science has perfected it, and I should try again, for I, too, and very creamy and insanely natural!

Pez said...

I have heard nothing but rave reviews about mineral makeup but have not wanted to invest in it either. Nice to know there is an inexpensive choice now.

Madame Queen said...

I splurged on a "starter set" of Bare Escentuals, but I think I either ordered the wrong color or I'm doing it wrong. The powder just seems to sit on my face and accentuates the tiny lines and wrinkles. I was VERY disappointed. Maybe it's because my skin's too dry?

1blueshi1 said...

FADKOG, you are nothing if not insane. Insanely creamy and natural, that is, of course (hehehe).
Pez, in the pictures I have seen of you, you have such perfect, beautiful skin that I have envied with a fierce and gnawing envy (not that that makes me weird or anything. oh hell no.)
MQ, I thought about amending my post to include the fact that my skin is so oily, if I could hook up a derrick to my pores, I would have no need WHATSOEVER to worry about rising gas prices. Sorry BE didn't work out for you, is it too late to return it?

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

Thank you for the review darling! You know I am such the sucker for the drugstore foundations and concealers! May have to get this when I run out of my current stuff!