Wednesday, March 5, 2008

DermaDoctor, Hail To Thee

I visited my local Sephora last Sunday to purchase a foundation primer (to wear instead of foundation but give my face a more polished look--which it desperately needs--than powder alone). I went to their website and did a search for primers before I left, as the gold standard according to the internet seems to be Smashbox facial primer, but my favorite styleblogger Allie has used it and doesn't think it makes much of a difference, but she is a fan of Napoleon primer. And, last but CERTAINLY not least, I was on a budget. On their site, I found Clinique Super City Block with SPF 40 for 16.50. At the store, a really nice girl named SaraBeth helped me find that and also gave me samples of 3 DermaDoctor products, a cleanser called Ain't Misbehavin' Medicated AHA/BHA Acne Cleanser, a clear serum for my hormonal oiliness, Ain´t Misbehavin´ Intensive Medicated Blackhead Treatment, and a cream for my rosacea, Calm, Cool & Corrected 2N1 Rosacea Tx. I've used up all three samples and frankly, if I could afford it, I'd be back at Sephora RIGHT NOW buyingthe full size versions of ALL THREE, but particularly the cleanser. I really felt that my skin was softer and more exfoliated using these top-shelf products, and I do plan to purchase them--so far none of the three have shown up on eBay at a more affordable price, but I still have the search saved and eBay emails me when new DermaDoctor products are listed.
With the heat and humidity of summer right around the corner, I think DD may be the solution to my skin, which can easily grease up a blotting paper every hour on the hour during the hot months.

1 comment:

Madame Queen said...

Hmmmm. Never heard of it. Seeing as how I'm having to pay an a**load of taxes this year for some godforsaken reason, i doubt I'll be purchasing any anytime soon.