Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oh Dear God!

MQ, you are absolutely right, if I click on the picture it gets MUCH bigger and more detailed. The internet now has the opportunity to know more about my dirty baseboards than I ever imagined. In fact, my damn baseboards are dirtier than I ever imagined. And I pride myself on having a pretty good imagination. It just usually involves a lot more Johnny Depp in the south of France and a lot fewer baseboards. About the same amount of dirt, though...

And here are a few thoughts on winter skin:

We're heading into spring...according to the sunny skies and calendar if not the actual temperature outdoors. I am craving the opportunity to wear my new tissue thin spring aqua Old Navy dress, but I'm still having to wear a full-length coat to work and preheat my car in the morning so I don't freeze to death just backing down my driveway. So, what's a girl to do? I am focusing on my full body moisturization routine so that when I can show some skin, it won't be winter dry. One of my very favorite style bloggers, ASJINE (http://www.aseriousjobisnoexcuse.blogspot.com/), posted about that very subject back during the depths of winter. She advocates moisturizing three times a day--when you get up in the morning, when you get home from work, and before you go to bed. Now, I can just see the looks on my family's faces if I tried disappearing into my bedroom to slather on lotion when I got home. I can also picture the way they would break down the door to get to me if I tried it--HEE! Seriously, I don't have the time/am not willing to make the time to be so dedicated, so I have discovered a shortcut. OIL (thar's gold in them thar hills!) I've been mixing body oil in with my body moisturizer--I do moisturize twice a day, before getting dressed for work and before going to bed, and I've been using anything from Neutrogena Body Oil to Bio Oil to Seacret Dead Sea Minerals Cuticle Oil, just squirting my usual palmful of lotion and then adding a few drops of oil to it. I've been amazed at the results, even my husband has commented on how soft my skin is, particularly the parts that don't usually see the sun like my butt and inner thighs.
And for MY HUSBAND to notice a difference in my physical appearance, that's like (tries to think of something really unusual, gives up search for fantastic metaphor and settles for a brief noting that it is after 9PM and thus my brain, I mean, coach, is fast metamorphosing into a Native American gourd whose seeds are tasty when toasted)

2 comments:

Madame Queen said...

If it makes you feel any better I didn't even notice your baseboards. I was too awed by those boots!!

I can't use oil b/c it makes me break out, but I've discovered that a very thin layer of vaseline actually does wonders for my very dry spots.

1blueshi1 said...

hmm if I had any vaseline around I would try it on my feet at night in socks. will try to remember next time I head to wallyworld.