Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Here's To YOU, Madame Queen!

It's time for me to dip my toe in the water, expose myself to internet humiliation, and post pictures of myself for strangers to guffaw at. As well as honing my dangling participle skillz. Allie (http://www.whatsmywardrobetoday.blogspot/ and http://www.wardrobeoxygen.com/) has been inspiring me for years with her ability to take an "average" (she is anything but) woman on an "average" budget and look fabulously stylish. I think every woman wants to look that way--well, ALMOST every woman...there are a couple of dykes (I use that word in the most loving and politically correct way possible) in my office that need to be held down and have all Polo shirts forcibly removed from their closets...but I digress.

I LOVE DIGRESSION! Especially when I am really nervous.



Here's what I hope to gain through this experience: I am very critical of the way others look. I am that woman whispering to her companion after you pass, "My God did you see how that red handbag clashed with those ugly shoes?" And yet, I know that every time I walk out of the house, I would not be passing Cojo's muster. So in posting of myself every day in all of my outfits, it should help me learn what is most flattering to my body. I know that certain dresses provoke certain reactions, and I want to know more about why.



A little about myself: I'm 35, 2 kids, a ten year old boy, Zac, and 4 year old girl, Lynda Elean. My husband and I have been together off and on for ten years, we finally tied the knot in 2006 at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens. I am tall (6 feet even) but heavy (hell no I will not be posting my weight, suffice it to say I swing between an 18/20 and a 12/14, around a fourteen right now and trying to get back down to a 12). As for my budget, let me say, HA HA. I buy a lot of dresses at Walmart and a lot of shoes on eBay. It's VERY RARE for me to walk into a mall and pay full retail price for anything. I recently applied to be a DeLush reviewer and that would be a dream come true, free products! I use drugstore stuff and exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate my nasty oily skin that loves to break out. I read in Six Weeks To Sensational Skin about a dermatologist that shaved his whole face every day and I started doing that in addition to my scrubs and microdermasion cloth. Honestly, I just cannot exfoliate enough! I loveLoveLOVE to see that pink healthy glow.

Well, here goes. Zac is my official paparazzi and we will be trying different locations around the house in different lighting to see what works best, I know these suck.

Gah. I swear I am not pregnant. I guess I will be learning more about posing for the lens as well, as a mom I am much more accustomed to being on the other side!
Lane Bryant shirt from Fall 2007 size 14, Lane Bryant pants from Fall 2007 also size 14, black leather Bebe peeptoe platforms off eBay that are the most wonderfully comfortable heels I own. And me, I own a LOTTA heels.
This was taken when I got home from work and apparently I don't have any makeup left on, but I started with Prescriptives custom blended powder, Revlon Renewist Lipstick in Berry Fulfilling, and eyelashes curled with Cover Girl LashBlast applied. Oh, and eyebrows groomed with a mostly empty tube of Lancome Extencils mascara. No jewelry except for my wedding set.

Thanks, Madame Queen (http://www.themadamequeen.blogspot.com/) for encouraging me to get started with this--I've been wanting to do it for actually a couple of years, but your requests provided the impetus I needed to actually sit here and do this instead of getting ready for work--HEE!!!

Have a great day, ya'll.

2 comments:

Madame Queen said...

Whee! I'm so excited for you. One tip on the photos...I know you want to get the whole outfit, but maybe you could do a far away shot and then some closer shots. It's kind of hard to see the top very well.

But otherwise? AWESOME! One question I have. How do you buy shoes on eBay? I would be so nervous that they don't fit or aren't comfortable. And me? I'm all about the comfort. If you hate them when they arrive, what do you do? Re-sell them?

for a different kind of girl said...

I would also be nervous about the ebay shoe buying thing, and my goodness, I wish I could wear shoes like that. I have some wide ass feet. I know I couldnt' walk all over the store in heels, but I would like to wear them sometimes.

And I LOVE wide leg pants.

Oh, and yes, btw? Hottie!