Thursday, February 28, 2008

I am learning already!


Monday when I got dressed I considered adding a chunky black necklace but decided it might be too much with the bold print of the top, so I didn't put it on, but looking at the pictures, I think that necklace could take that outfit to the next level. Have made mental notation for the next time I break it out (and I do find it amazing that I can remember things like that but my brain is a complete black hole for people's names).

Yesterday was a black low cowlnecked dress from Lane Bryant (bought 2-3 years ago) with a black camisole underneath as that neckline allows me to see my own navel, which I personally LOVE but doubt that my manager at work would, black opaque tights and my new and FABulous Carlos Santana "Fuse" boots in leopard printed ponyhair with red patent leather 4.25 inch heels and 1/2 inch platform. I LOVE THOSE BOOTS. My feet, howevah, don't feel quite so in charity with me by day's end. Feet, you will have to suck! it! up!

I believe that a dress truly showcases amazing heels as most pants cannot. I recieved compliments on my boots yesterday wherever I went. Most times I shy away from animal prints, as they can have too much of a "retired in Florida wanna see my batwings?" vibe, but I feel that the red patent leather offsets any possibility of that happening!
GAH--AM LATE!!!

4 comments:

Madame Queen said...

I, too, am learning. If I click on the photo it gets much larger and I can see the detail on the clothes.

While I LOVE those boots, I would be a nervous wreck wearing them. I like animal prints but I'm slightly afraid of them.

ImpostorMom said...

Cara Mama would LOVE those boots, she is all about the leopard print.

I'm not a big dress wearer myself but I think you look great. Maybe your blog will inspire me to try and do better.

1blueshi1 said...

thank you imposter mom! I am headed straight to your blog. appreciate your commenting very much!!!

for a different kind of girl said...

Rocking those boots vicariously through you...